Skip to content
- Contact your health care provider.
- If you go to a doctor for flu symptoms following direct or close contact with swine, tell your doctor about this exposure.
- Certain people are at greater risk of serious flu-related complications (including young children, elderly persons, pregnant women and people with certain long-term medical conditions) and this is true both for seasonal flu and variant flu virus infections.
- Your doctor may prescribe antiviral drugs that can treat the flu, including H3N2v. These drugs work better for treatment the sooner they are started. If you are prescribed antiviral drugs by your doctor, you should finish all of the medication, according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Also, whenever you have flu symptoms and are seeing a health care provider, always remember to tell them if you have asthma, diabetes, heart disease, neurological or neurodevelopmental conditions, or are pregnant. These conditions put you at higher risk of developing complications from the flu.