Skip to content

What do I need to bring to the WIC local agency when applying for services?

The following information and documents are required on your first appointment.

Proof of Identity:

  • Infants and children: Immunization record, birth certificate, hospital records (e.g. crib card, hospital band, discharge paperwork) or Family Support Division letter with identifying information
  • Adults: Photo ID such as driver license, passport, employment ID card, school ID card, state ID card, military ID card, or naturalization record
  • When a photo ID is unavailable, proof could be a card or letter verifying health care, social services, or a voter registration card

Proof of Residency:

  • Current utility bill or personal bill mailed to the residence within the last thirty (30) days
  • Current rent or mortgage receipt
  • Voter registration card
  • Property tax receipt
  • Pay stub which has name and physical address and has been issued within the last thirty (30) days
  • Mail received from a government agency other than WIC (e.g. jury summons, social services letter)
  • Written statement from a reliable third party (e.g. employer, church, social service agency) with knowledge of the applicant’s or participant’s regular or nighttime location

Proof of income: Must include the prior 30 days of income.

  • Current pay stubs (paper or electronic) noting the pay time frame (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
  • W-2 forms or income tax returns for the most recent calendar year
  • Signed statement from employer indicating gross earnings for a specified pay period
  • Commissions, fees, and tip records
  • Unemployment letter or notice
  • Check stub or award letter from Social Security stating current amount of earnings
  • Recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) for military personnel
  • Recent bank statement
  • Foster child placement letter or foster parent award letter
  • Divorce decree which states child support and alimony
  • Scholarship letter
  • Accounting records for the self-employed
  • If you are currently on MoHealthNet, Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF) or receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) you might be eligible for benefits without current proof of income

Feedback and Knowledge Base