The WIC food packages are based on the type of participant (woman, infant, or child). Nutritionists can tailor the food package for each individual.
- WIC encourages and provides support for breastfeeding. For babies who are not fully breastfed, iron fortified infant formula can be provided.
- At six months of age, infants may receive infant cereal, fruit and vegetables. Infant who are fully breastfed also receive infant meat.
- Women and children receive milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, peanut butter, dry beans, peas or lentils, canned beans, fruit juice, fresh or frozen fruit and vegetables and whole grain bread, tortillas and pasta, brown rice and corn tortillas.
- Women who fully breastfeeding their babies may also receive extra food including canned tuna, salmon, or sardines.
- Women, infants, and children who have certain medical conditions may also be provided exempt formula and WIC eligible nutritionals.