Who Qualifies for WIC?
All participants must be a Missouri resident and further eligibility is based on three additional things: category, income (English, Spanish), and nutritional risk.
- Pregnant women
- Women breastfeeding an infant up to the infant’s first (1) birthday
- Postpartum women up to six (6) months after delivery or end of pregnancy
- Infants up to their first (1) birthday
- Children from age one (1) until their fifth (5) birthday
Fathers, grandparents, guardians, and foster parents may also apply for benefits for the children living in their household.
- Household income may be no more than 185% of the federal poverty income guidelines. Families that qualify for SNAP or TANF automatically qualify. Individuals who meet income and category guidelines will have a nutrition and health assessment during the certification process.
To see if you could qualify for the Missouri WIC program, please visit the income guidelines (English, Spanish) or the prescreen tool for further information.
To apply for WIC benefits, you must visit a WIC local agency. Please call the closest agency for additional information or to schedule an appointment.
For additional assistance in finding a WIC local agency, please contact TEL-LINK at 1-800-TEL-LINK or 1-800-835-5465.