How are BRFSS data used?
BRFSS data are used for many purposes, including:
- Assessing risk for chronic diseases, some infectious diseases and injuries;
- Identifying demographic differences and trends in health-related behaviors;
- Designing, monitoring and evaluating health interventions and services;
- Addressing emergent and critical health issues;
- Formulating policy and proposing legislation for health initiatives; and
- Measuring progress toward achieving state and national health objectives.