We contract with qualified training organizations to provide accessible and affordable training for child care providers across the state. The training must be based on competencies (essential knowledge and skill areas) for assuring quality child care. Child care related training topics include: health, safety, nutrition, developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences for children; positive guidance and discipline; positive communication and interaction with families; planning and setting up an appropriate environment for children; professional and administrative practices.
Child care training and professional development opportunities include:
- Training workshops on various topics;
- Child Development Associate (CDA) training and assessment to assist child care providers earn a national CDA credential from the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition;
- College credit training from some colleges and universities;
- Advanced and specialized training for entry level child care staff, directors, infant/toddler caregivers, and caring for children with special needs; and
- Individualized technical assistance and training to assist providers to access needs and make improvements in their respective programs.
For a list of approved trainings and professional development, contact Child Care Aware of Missouri at 800-200-9017. Click on Training & Professional Development, then choose the training calendar in your area.