Skip to content
- The system starts with a call to 911. 9-1-1 activates the EMS System and emergency medical responders.
- Emergency medical responders begin treatment as soon as they reach the patient.
- Medical care continues while the patient is being transported to the hospital.
- Hospital staff is alerted that a patient is on the way so health care professionals can be ready to begin treatment as soon as the patient arrives.
- Patients are taken to a hospital with staff that has been specially trained to handle trauma, stroke and STEMI.