Skip to content

Can certified EPA Renovators take paint chip samples in Missouri for renovation projects?

In Missouri, paint chip sampling must be performed by a licensed lead-based paint inspector or risk assessor. EPA-certified Renovators who are not licensed lead-based paint inspectors or risk assessors will not be able to utilize paint chip sampling to identify lead-bearing surfaces. Alternative testing options described in the RRP rule are still available for use by certified Renovators. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the DHSS Lead Licensing Program at (573) 526-5873 or toll free 888-837-0927.

Feedback and Knowledge Base