Skip to content

Can I perform lead abatement activities on a dwelling that I own without being licensed as a lead abatement professional?

To the extent permitted by federal regulations, an individual who is an owner, a partner in a partnership owning, or a corporate officer in a corporation owning a dwelling and who is not licensed pursuant to section 701.312 may personally perform lead abatement within a dwelling that he or she owns, unless the residential dwelling is occupied by a person or persons other than the owner, or the owner's immediate family while these activities are being performed, or a child residing in the building has been identified as having an elevated blood lead level. Prior to beginning such abatement, the owner shall consult with the department regarding the most effective method of conducting such lead abatement activities and of the proper procedures in performing those activities.

Feedback and Knowledge Base