Skip to content

Do I have to be licensed by the Lead Licensing Program to conduct renovation and remodeling activities in a dwelling that contains lead-based paint?

No, DHSS regulates lead abatement activities in the state of Missouri. Incidental disturbance of lead-based paint through remodeling activities or general maintenance does not meet our definition of abatement; therefore Lead Abatement Licenses are not required. However, the U.S. EPA does require companies and individuals to be certified to perform this type of work per the Renovation, Repair and Painting rule. Guidance is available from the U.S. EPA for conducting renovation and remodeling activities safely.

Feedback and Knowledge Base