Who must obtain a lead license?
A lead license is required for any person or business which intends to:
- Work on a lead abatement project (Lead Abatement Worker or Supervisor);
- Supervise a lead abatement project (Lead Abatement Supervisor);
- Perform a full or limited lead inspection or hold him or herself out as a lead inspector (Lead Inspector);
- Perform a full lead risk assessment, elevated blood lead level investigation, risk assessment, or hazard screen risk assessment (Risk Assessor);
- Perform lead abatement project clearance testing (Risk Assessor or Lead Inspector);
- Design lead abatement projects (Project Designer);
- If you perform any lead-bearing substance activities outside of your regular place of business (Lead Abatement Contractor).