Skip to content

I own a lodging establishment and was told I need to get a statement of ‘No Tax Due’ before I can get my lodging license. Why do I need a ‘No Tax Due’ statement, what is it and how do I get one?

Senate Bill 30, specifically section 144.083 RSMo, requires every business that collects retail sales tax in Missouri to submit a “No Tax Due” statement', along with the licensing application packet, before a business license is issued. In order to obtain a “No Tax Due” statement, you must contact your nearest Missouri Department of Revenue field office.

The statement of “No Tax Due” is a letter issued by the Department of Revenue which states you have paid all applicable taxes. For more information on a statement of “No Tax Due” go to the Missouri Department of Revenue’s website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base