Skip to content

What do I do to report a complaint about a Missouri hotel, motel or other lodging establishment?

If you have a complaint about a Missouri hotel, motel or lodging establishment, you can contact DHSS or the county or city where the establishment is located and ask to speak to the inspector. Tell the inspector the name of the establishment, your complaint, the date(s) you stayed in that room and if it is about a specific room, please know the number of the room you stayed in. The inspector will go out and do an inspection within 30 days to look for the specific complaint items.

If you do not know the city or county where the establishment is located, you can contact us with the complaint information at 573-751-6095 or use use the on-line complaint form. We will contact the correct county or city so they can do the inspection.

You can remain anonymous if you wish.

Feedback and Knowledge Base