Pursuant to law, the following situations cause a registration to terminate:
- The registration expires;
- The registrant dies;
- The registrant goes out of business or has loss of their professional license;
- A change in ownership of a business;
- If the registrant moves or changes address from what is printed on their certificate and the registrant does not notify the bureau and received an updated registration within 30 days. If the change in address is not updated in 30 days then the prior registration automatically terminates on the 31st day after the change in address.
- A registrant may write the bureau and voluntary close their registration.