Who can pass medications in an ADC?
19 CSR 30-90.050 (8) (D): The licensed nurse shall be the only individual authorized to receive, control and manage the medication and drug program. The licensed nurse shall be responsible for the following:
- A safe, effective system of identifying, handling and storing each participant’s medications.
- A system for administering and storing medications that is reviewed not less than every ninety (90) days by a licensed nurse.
- Administration of medications and treatments...”
- Can a Certified Medication Technician or Aide (CMT or CMA)? No
- Can a Level I Medication Aide? No
- Can a Physician or Pharmacist? Yes